New Flying Competition 2020
22 - 26 OCTOBER 2020 - HAMBURG - GERMANY
We challenged students from all over the world to elaborate an aircraft model design which combines the advantages of a vertical take off and landing system with the efficiency of a fixed wing aircraft during cruise flight! 6 Teams presented their design in form of a model aircraft at the competition day.
The technology demonstrators had to perform a series of flight manoeuvres and proof the efficiency of their aircraft model at the day of competition. The teams’ performance was also rated by additional requirements including design, reports about the building progress and concept elaborations.
The final competition weekend was holding an exciting program for all participants funded and realized by our sponsors.
- HAWings, University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg, Germany
- HORYZN, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- EcoCar, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- BEOAVIA, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Albatross Tampere, Tampere University, Finland
- U-Fly Aerodesign, Aeronautical University in Querétaro, Mexico
- NPU INNOVATION, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an Shaanxi Province, China
Rules of the New Flying Competition
Report Content and Layout Guidelines
List of tools at ZAL